Future Impact v3
Refresh your firmware to the latest version of 3.00
The long-awaited v3 firmware update is here, you can check our newly updated Version History to see what’s new! And please don’t forget to read the update instructions carefully before doing anything, it contains some important details.
If you don’t want to save your custom sounds stored in the pedal you can use our web-based utility to perform the update and fill the 99 memory slots with the new factory preset set.
Click here to run our browser app to refresh your firmware to v3 (Google Chrome only)
If you want to keep your sounds stored in your pedal then please follow the update instructions. In this case you will need some of the following files:
Sound Library Database
We opened a web application where you can share, upload and download your favourite user patches. Just click here to register and start browsing hundreds of additional patches!
Future Impact I. legacy files
- 2.22 firmware file [download zip]
- A full Version History of all the previous Future Impact firmware updates.
- 1.22 distribution package, contains everything: quickstart guide, user's manual, sound editor, preset sounds etc. [download zip]
- 1.01 distribution package, contains everything: quickstart guide, user's manual, sound editor, preset sounds etc. [download zip]
- 1.00B distribution package, contains everything: quickstart guide, user's manual, sound editor, preset sounds etc. [download zip]
Sound editor for Mac OS X/Windows
- FI Sound Editor 2.1.0 Mac OS X Universal Binary [download]
- FI Sound Editor 1.23 Windows 32 bit version [download]
- FI Sound Editor 1.23 Windows 64 bit version [download]
- FI Sound Editor 1.23 Mac OS X Universal Binary [download]
- FI Sound Editor 1.22 Windows 32 bit version [download]
- FI Sound Editor 1.22 Windows 64 bit version [download]
- FI Sound Editor 1.22 Mac OS X Universal Binary [download]
Advanced Wireless MIDI Transmission System
Our web based tool will do everything for you
Our web based utility software will upgrade your midiBeam to the latest software version (2.0) and will handle and set all the operation parameter of your midiBeam system. Just please click here to open the application! (supported browsers: Chrome on Mac OS X/Windows)
- midiBeam administration tool for Windows [download zip]
Akai EWI5000 midiBeam compatibility: we got a number of inquiries about this model.
We tested the new Akai EWI5000 with midiBeam. They work perfectly together, no doubt that midiBeam can replace a MIDI cable without any limitation. So, EWI5000 owners have at least two well justified reasons to extend their instrument with midiBeam:
1. While EWI5000 provides wireless audio with its internal sound engine, an external synthesizer (or a soft synth running on a computer) can be used only with wired connection - they didn't implement wireless MIDI transmission. For performing wireless MIDI you need our midiBeam.
2. Virtuoso players with fast playing technique will recognize immediately that the wireless audio transmission performed by the instrument has a significant latency. In fact, we measured 23.2 milliseconds exactly. If you want to play the instrument wirelessly without performance compromises we advise to use midiBeam and an external synthesizer.
Future Impact I.
Future Impact patch editor - MIDI interfaces we tested
Panda-Audio midiBeam - works perfectly
Steinberg UR22 - works perfectly
Roland UM-ONE MK2 - works perfectly
RME Fireface UC - works perfectly
M-Audio Fasttrack-Pro - works perfectly
M-Audio Midisport 4x4 - works perfectly
M-Audio Firewire 1814 - works perfectly
Behringer UMC404HD - works perfectly
Presonus Firepod - works perfectly
Bespeco BM USB100 - works perfectly
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - works perfectly
Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 - works perfectly
Audiobox USB - works perfectly
RME UFX - works perfectly
ESI M4U XL - works perfectly
Edirol UM-1S - works in 90%, sometimes errors experienced, but useable
Alesis USB MIDI cable - does not work
any unbranded USB MIDI cable - does not work
Akai EIE, EIE-PRO - does not work
Miditech Midilink-mini - no sysex implementation at all, not useable